Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 29, 2008: Day 59 (Good news, more good news, really good news, and GREAT news!)

Good News #1: Aidan's head scan results came back, and everything is still normal!! No brain hemorrhaging problems or anything.

Good News #2: Aidan passed his car seat challenge. He spent a full hour in his car seat, and calmly slept without any spells or without desaturating.

Really Good News: The ophthalmologist did Aidan's eye checkup today and reported that he still has stage 1 retinopathy of prematurity, and he labeled it regressing. This is great news because his ROP is not any worse than it was 2 weeks ago, and is actually going away. He gets checked again in 2-3 weeks.

GREAT news: Dr Kaempf has written the order for Aidan to go home...on Saturday!!!

At tonight's weighing, Aidan gained 50 grams to 2380 (5 lbs 3.2 oz).

Pictures and videos from today:











His car seat challenge...









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rick & Denyse -- this is such wonderful news, you must be elated!! I'm sooooo happy for you. Give that sweet little bundle a hug & kiss from me. All my love, Mom

PS: Hope you will leave the blog posted for a while after Aidan goes home to give all his fans time to download & save all the pictures & videos. I bought a BIG album for all those photos.

Rick Stawicki said...

Hi Mom,

I will continue posting Aidan's progress. Not every day of course, but will still use this to show you and everyone else how he is doing.

Rick

Denyse Stawicki said...

Only for the next 18 years or so.

WorkInProgress said...

Hooray!!!!!! As you leave the hospital, I want you to picture us all lined up in the long foyer cheering you on. Because if we could, we would all be there doing just that. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see you all at home.

beveej said...

Jumping up and down... waving arms wildly... doin' a little dance..
That's me as Aidan makes his way through those NICU doors .. going OUT!
Love you little man!
Aunt Bev