
Of course this concerns us. Apparently, the baby next door has developed a kind of staph infection in his eyes and is being treated with antibiotic eye drops. We expressed our concerns and asked about this, but because Aidan has already been potentially exposed, they can't move Aidan to another part of the NICU because if he does contract the infection, he could spread this to other babies. The nurses are generally very careful about washing and sanitizing every time they move from one baby to the next, but it does worry us that ever since we moved to the level 2 side of the NICU two weeks ago, Aidan has been paired with this baby and shared a nurse. We will talk to the doctor in the morning more about this.
Me right now:

Aidan drinks from a crazy straw:
It's the weekend, and you know what that means? Tom the Air Guy is back!

Aidan did finally have big poops today, so as expected, he didn't gain that much weight. He is now 1270 grams (2 lbs 12.8 oz). He gained 10 grams, which I am very happy about. After 3 days where he gained a total of 125 grams, and since he hadn't pooped for 14 hours at the time of last night's weighing, I was thinking it would be a victory if he gained anything.
Tucking Aidan in for the night:
More pictures:


2 comments:
H, All --I hope that Aidan's "roommate" recovers quickly. That's a problem with hospitals -- so many germs. Hopefully this type of staph germ is not airborne. I pray that Aidan's immune system is strong enough to fight any infection.
Cannot believe how great Aidan is doing gaining weight. He looks like a little football player all bundled up for the night. I wonder if they make Chicago Bears T-shirts in his size. Love, Mom
ALLSTAR!!
How true!!
He's coming up on 3lbs!!
Go Aidan GO!!
I love that you put the videos up..
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
Great big hugs to you two and Aidan
Aunt Bev
Post a Comment